“Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God’s grace in its various forms.” (1Peter 4:10-NIV).
As believers, we are all called to serve others in the name of Christ. This is called Ministry. God didn’t design ministry for just a few people. At Living Word Open Bible, we have many opportunities for you to assist the various ministries by volunteering your time and talent. By using your God-given gifts, skills and experience, in an area of your passion, you can connect with other believers, and help in advancing the Kingdom of God. Below is a list of opportunities for you to serve.
– provide assistance to the office staff as needed during regular office hours.
– an extension of the ministry of the Holy Spirit during our worship services. You are invited to the altar to support and pray with members and visitors who come to the altar to receive prayer.
– assist as needed with various events that occur at church.
– We believe in the power of prayer and the power of agreement mentioned in Matthew 18:19, “Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven” (NKJV). The church offers a variety of opportunities for believers at all stages of spiritual maturity, which sense the Holy Spirit’s promptings to engage in consistent and regular intercessory prayer.
From weekly and monthly corporate prayer to the prayer network, prayer intercessors will find a suitable fit for their own personality and experience. Here are the different prayer ministry opportunities:
1) Daily Prayer:
Believers may sign up to pray on specific day(s) of the week for one hour at the church in concert with other believers.
2) GAP Ministry:
Pre-assigned volunteers pair up, and pray for the effective preaching of the Word of God during the Sunday morning worship services.
3) Men’s Prayer Meeting:
The men of the church gather every 2nd and 4th Saturday at 7:00 AM for prayer and fellowship.
4) Monthly Friday Night Prayer:
Corporate prayer gathering on the third Friday of each month for concerts of prayer.
5) Monthly Saturday Morning Prayer:
A corporate prayer gathering which meets at 7:00 AM every 1st Saturday.
6) Pastor’s Prayer Shield:
A group of mature believers who pray regularly for the Pastors, and fast and pray for special ministry assignments. This is based on Exodus 17:10-13.
7) Prayer Network:
A 24-hour emergency prayer ministry. Volunteers sign up to pray in one of three shifts, and are notified by telephone of emergency prayer requests. They pray at their home, alone, or in concert with another prayer network members.
–assist with the upkeep of the church landscape and other small projects as needed.
Sick Visitation in Home/Hospital
– visit families at home or in the hospital as needed.
Please contact the church office at 954.438.5604 if you would like to volunteer in any of these areas.